SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

The 'elephant show' at Nkorho Pan (africam)

Good grief! I've been watching a fairly good sized herd of elephants at the waterhole, including several (maybe 4) tiny ones, some sparring adults, lots of noise and bickering, and a few attempts at mating!

Reality programming at its best, lol!

Comments (2)

• grandma_bonnie
    11 years ago

I saw them too!!! Last year, I watched Africam ,Phoebe the hummingbird and the WV Eagles. Well, the newly widowed male couldn't make up his mind between 4 females and never had any eggs and Phoebe lost two little ones within a week of fledging to a crow and then lost two more eggs to probably the same crow within weeks. She took some time off now that it is getting hot in Irvine, CA. Lots to watch at Africam and hopefully the cameras will be up and running to see the three cheetah cubs born May 2nd... I have a grandson I have full time that loves to watch all of these - he has ADHD...

• dedtired
    11 years ago

I love the redtail hawk cam on the ledge of a window at the Franklin Institute in center city Philadelphia. There are three chicks -- I think the correct term its eyasses for the fledglings.

The same mating pair has had a nest here for a few years. Interesting that they would choose a science museum for their nest! It nearly fell down the first year so the staff of the museum built a box to hold it. You can see it fro the street below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Franklin Hawks