SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pam_md

Calling all color experts - I need help!

pam-md
14 years ago

I am trying to achieve a brown-ish neutral for my foyer and hallways which are quite extensive and viewable from nearly everywhere in the house. I thought I wanted to lean towards the gold-ish side because my favorite colors are autumn leaf colors. I thought if I painted the main areas a soft goldish brown, then the colors I choose for the connecting rooms would flow since I lean toward golds quite a bit. I do not understand colors, despite reading everything you guys post (including funcolors' detailed explanations) so I do not comprehend what brings out certain charateristics vs. others.

I picked one small wall which gets lots of natural light in the day and ambient light at night. First I tried SW Restrained Gold, then BM Camelback, both of which were wayyyy too gold. I then painted it BM boardwalk which appeared peachy (don't know why but even DH said "Peach???"), BM brunswick beige which is still too gold and BM blanched almond which is okay, but kind of blah.

I hate to just go with the blanched almond because it is the least offensive. I'd much rather love a color I choose for so much of the house.

I'm going back tomorrow morning for 2 more and then I'm going to have to pick something for crying out loud. What should my last 2 choices be considering my house is overstating the goldness in the colors and I'd like something a tad darker than blanched almond?

The color on the right is brunswick beige and on the left (beside the bathroom door) is blanched almond:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)