SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

C/O inspection--What a JOKE!

azzalea
11 years ago

We paid $150 for our C/O inspections.

Well, yesterday, a woman called from the town and said she'd inspected the exterior--and that there was one sidewalk block at the rear/side of the property that would need to be replaced. What? I was totally confused, we don't have any concrete at the back of our property. As I drilled her with questions, trying to find out what I was missing, what she was talking about, I finally got to the bottom of it--she was at the wrong house, on the wrong street! She was supposed to come back today--I didn't see or hear from her, so ????

We had the inside inspection scheduled for today--the fellow was literally in my house NO MORE than 2 minutes. He just walked around and poked the 4 smoked detectors with a stick, then glanced at the fire extinguisher, and shoved the signed form at me.

And for all that, we paid $150???? Seems a little overpriced to me!

How have some of your towns handled the CO inspection?

This guy didn't look at the electric box, nor tell us to put spindles on our railing to the basement (there are none and I was really expecting that to be a problem), nor look at the plumbing or anything. Wouldn't those things be important to determining if the house was safe for habitation? We've never sold a home before so maybe this experience is the norm, I don't know.

Comments (18)