SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mazzy1_gw

Spool under construction. needs help with Plaster,decking...

mazzy1
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new for all of that & I would really appreciate any help, advice or opinions.

I started my spool construction 2 weeks ago, it's a 18" raised freeform gunite build 17'length x 10'wide & 4-4.5' deep with artificial rocky waterfalls, grotto, 8 jets distributed 26" apart at different height levels from the seating deck that's located on one side only of the spa.

The equipment to be installed is:

Pentair "Master Temp" heater(400,000 btu)

Pentair "Intelliflo" variable speed pump.(circulation/jets)

Pentair "Whisperflo" 1 1/2 horse power pump (waterfall)

Pentair Cartridge filter

Pentair salt system

Pentair color light.

Intermatic time clock.

I'm still confused about a lot of remaining details, like the plaster finish, tile to be used, decking around...

We are using the dark brown color for the rocks, three river flagstone coping & veneer stone for the outer side.

Is it ok to use a French gray plaster for this kind of spa? We are interested in dark/medium blue colors & at the same time I'm afraid the steps in gray will look so dark/cheap or may be the spool is too small to reflect this kind of dark plaster

I took care of the design & equipment but have no idea on how to finish the inside of the spa & the decking around to get the look we dream of (like a natural lake with little waterfall)

Thanks in advance.

Comments (31)