SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Quality of Safavieh Rugs from Overstock

jockewing
13 years ago

I have being having lots of trouble trying to locate an affordable and nice quality rug for under $500 for my living room. I am strongly considering ordering a piece of cut and loop patterned broadloom, but I am concerned it will seem too plain. I am trying to find ones that have a lot of texture and a "chunky" pattern that looks expensive, but the pattern repeats on most of the broadlooms seem too small to give me that look.

There is a really beautiful Safavieh Hand Tufted rug that I really like on Overstock for under $400 for an 8x10. I have found other sites offering the same rug in excess of $600 and $700.

Here is a link to the rug: http://www.safavieh.com/bigpic.php?item=AN543C

(If someone knows how to post the actual pic in the posting, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My main concern is shedding as it is a hand tufted rug. But it is from Safavieh, a respected manufacturer, so I would hope it isn't too bad. Some of the commentors on Overstock say it hardly sheds, others say it's horrible! What gives? My other concern is not being able to see in person how the colors look and how "fine" the pattern is. I don't know if it will go with my green-blue, cream, and brown scheme. Does anyone happen to have this carpet or one like it in their home? It is from the Safavieh Anatolia collection. I had to do some research to find that. For some reason Overstock does not mention the manufacturer. I would love to see a "real life" picture of this rug to get a better idea.

Actually what I really want is a carpet like the one Sarah Richardson used on the den in the last series of Sarah's House, pictured here: http://www.sarahrichardsondesign.com/portfolio/project/sarahs-house2/family-room2

Tommy said that this carpet was a broadloom Tibetan rug (prob. expensive), but there must be less expensive broadlooms like this with a deep cut and pile which creates a lot of texture.

Anyone have sources of textured, geometric patterned rugs? I have looked everywhere on the web, but I can't seem to find much.

Comments (31)