SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Condo owner couldn't be trusted!

phoggie
12 years ago

After looking and looking for a place to live "back home", I decided to buy the condo IF it could pass a mold inspection and give me 30 days to close.

I called the owner, told her I would give her full asking price (she would not budge a penny), PROVIDING it would pass a mold inspection, because of the standing water (the sump pump was not working!)....

I guess I offended her!!...so I called her 6 times, leaving messages to send me a contract, etc....and never heard back from her until Friday....then I got a short snappy message, "You don't need to call me anymore because I have sold it to someone else"!

I guess this just proves that some people just can not be trusted anymore!!!....and that is very sad!

So, I had a huge melt-down....cried and walked around in a fog all day....where will I go? What do I sell? What do I take? I do have my lot there and I am meeting with a builder to see what I can build a very modest house on that lot....love the location but hated to build at 70 years old!

Everything there is extremely expensive (for that little town) or absolute dumps!

So I am here in a 4090 SF house, filled with stuff (so much really fine furniture that I know I'll take a beating on...no one here knows what Henredon and Drexel furniture is worth).

Oh well, as my daughter said, "Mom, I think God was telling you that that condo was not where He wanted you to be."....so sometimes our kids so know best~~

Thanks Friends~

Comments (12)