SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpp798

Husband got mad at me while looking at house today.

mpp798
16 years ago

Our realtor showed us 3 houses today. I am pretty interested in one of them, but have to think some more about making an offer since I'm not crazy about the elevation and the kitchen is not open to the family room. It is also a two story and we would prefer a one story. But after renting 22 months I'm sick of it and real estate keeps going up in Austin. As we were leaving the home, the very elderly owners came in. They were cordial and thanked us for looking at their home. I complimented them on what a beautiful backyard they had. I told them how much I loved it and that I was an outdoor person and could appreciate how much work they had put into it. They said they were selling because they couldn't take care of it anymore. In the car my husband got mad at me for showing interest in their house. He said that if we make an offer and want to negotiate based on comps, now they will know I really want the house and won't come down. He also doesn't want me to say anything in front of our realtor or show to much interest in houses we're shown in front of him. He thinks all realtors will work on the weakest link in making a deal happen, and won't bargain hard enough for you if they know you really want the house. They will expect you to come up in price instead of the seller coming down. What do you think about my comments to the sellers?

Comments (27)