SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edie_tn

Question about stained textured concrete coping

edie_tn
14 years ago

It has been raining cats and dogs here for a month. On the occasion that we have a dry day or so, contractors have been attempting to work on our pool. The concrete guys were here on Monday and poured the footing under the lip of the fiberglass pool. On Tuesday morning it was overcast but was not raining. They poured the concrete coping. When I came home for lunch, it was raining and two men were holding a tarp over one man who was putting a powder over the concrete they had just poured and then placing the texture plate over it. When I got home from work at the end of the day, they had placed plastic on top of the coping, and then boards down to hold the plastic down. It was still raining. I went out and noticed that on a few places, the plastic had blown up and across the boards, therefore, there were some places where the coping was exposed to the rain and the rain had washed off the texture and powder. There is a perfect line where the plastic had blown off the coping and was laying across the boards. They came back yesterday and removed the plastic and did the saw cuts. Today, they stained the coping. I like the color. I like the texture. But, the areas where the rain washed away the texture are extremely noticeable, especially since the edges are a straight line where it looks like something at been laid across it. Those spots are stained but are completely flat. Unfortunately, one of them is right at the steps, and the other one is on the deep end of the pool where the stepout is.

My question is, can this be repaired? I paid alot of money for this cantilevered coping and I know the rain was no one's fault, and I guess that since they had poured the coping, they had to go ahead and do the texture on top of the wet concrete.....but.... its very apparent that it shouldn't look that way.

Can they sand down those areas and re-texture and stain?

Comments (4)