SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flatwater

Decisions, Decisions!

flatwater
13 years ago

First off, thank you for all your helpful comments (ideagirl, thank you!) to my earlier posting:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg041259451782.html?16

While it is a kitchen re-location and remodeling, it impacts the entire house. While I was a bit late in getting your input towards the kitchen itself, I realize that there are a number of significant decisions that I have to make as a result of the domino effect from moving the kitchen.

Here is our situation. The home main entrance is to a great (formal living?) room that is 29ft x 25ft of which the current kitchen occupies 8ft x 11ft space.

As part of the kitchen remodeling, we decided to move the kitchen to the adjoining room, which is 14.5ft x 21.5ft. This is the room that we previously used as a dining room.

The new kitchen area is separated from what was previously a family room by a partial wall. The family room is also 14.5ft x 21.5ft.

Now for your thoughts and ideas. We are trying to decide where whether we should move our dining area to where the current kitchen is, sharing the space with the great room?

OR,

Make the previous family room area the dining area, next to the new kitchen.

This leaves the main room (29 x 25 ft) wide open and can be a great entertaining area.

Please send us your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you,

Comments (2)