SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrshanson1

what type of floor should I get?

mrshanson1
13 years ago

Hi! I am new to this, and I need some guidance. I am getting a new kitchen installed in a couple of weeks. I have ordered Cabico Espresso cabinets, maple with espresso glaze with a creme colored island. We have a trilevel house, with the kitchen, living room & dining room altogether. We are going to raise the roof, and make this a whole giant room together. We already ordered the stove (BlueStar, red front), Viking stove, Miele espresso coffee system and a cool little blue refrigerator for the island. However, picking my floor has stumped me.

Currently, we have a wood floor in living room and dining room. The kitchen currently has an awful white ceramic tile that is so 80s. I originally wanted to put wood floors to match all 3 spaces into one. My contractor told me that I'll never be able to match the floors exactly (my house is 60+ years old).

He is telling me to go with porcelain wood floor designed tile to mimic wood floors. I like the look, but am afraid it will look like fake wood or laminate-like. If we go with this, I also do not know what color to pick...dark or light? I love the dark floors, but my cabinets are dark too.

Please help me decide!!

Comments (6)