SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bedelia_gw

Help with stain color for cedar house

bedelia
11 years ago

Our cedar sided house needs to be restained this summer, and I can't decide on color. Our roof is mainly brown/tan (GAF Shakewood), and the windows are brown trim. The brick is a combo of reds, tans, and browns. We also have new landscaping and a paver walkway.

Right now it is a Cabot "cedar" color, and I would like to change it, and also stain the trim around the windows and fascia to add some details. I've been advised that a lighter color will show more of the knots and grain of the wood which really wouldn't look so great. So it seems like I need to stick with a brown shade. I was thinking something in a soft light brown.

I also can't decide on the window trim - if I should paint the square trim around the windows (also on garage), or just the header with the keystone. There's also the trim above the window at the peak which is in question.

All estimates so far are for SW woodscape stain, although SW can match a paint color for stain. Any suggestions as to color combos and trim ideas will be greatly appreciated.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)