SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdlacrow

Wooden hood vs stainless steel

sdlacrow
16 years ago

I'm debating over the range hood. I'm getting a 60" Wolf range with a griddle/grill so it's a giganto range and consequently a giganto hood. I'm torn between the stainless hood or a wood hood surround with an insert. The kitchen is going to be open to the great room and the cabinet company has matching range hoods and fireplace surrounds which I think would tie the rooms in nicely but I'm a little worried that there will be too much wood/dark tones in the kitchen. We are having medium tone hickory cabinets with a slightly darker warm brown cork floor, and probably dark granite counters. There are no windows directly in the kitchen but will get some natural light from the windows on east side of house where the breakfast area is. I like warm comforting kitchens more than brighter, lighter kitchens, but I wonder if the stainless would brighten the area more so it's not too dark. Don't have paint color decided but there is not much open wall in the kitchen. We are going to have 48" stainless fridge and stainless DW also. I know lighting will also make a difference but haven't gotten that far yet. The hood is going to be quite large and a focal point so I'm fretting a bit. The bonus is that our build won't be starting for several months so I have some time to decide--well maybe that's not a bonus :)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths