SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mabies_gw

Stove in penninsula - yes or no? for a small older home

Mabies
13 years ago

Hi, we are really struggling with our layout... demo started and i halted the process because the spacing of the stove and sink (15") and distance of stove to corner (3") both seemed way too small, others here and elsewhere agreed.

So, we can't find a layout that keeps both the stove and the sink off of the peninsula (currently a wall to our small DR).

Our current revised layout has the stove in the peninsula, the work triangles are very good, but it has taken up most of the "wide open space" of the peninsula that I was looking forward to... We plan to have an upcounter for kids to do homework, etc...

I have not seen many photos of homes with a stove on the peninsula, those that I do see are very modern looking with no separation between the spaces.

so I'm asking you all for advice - we are trying to figure out how to detail it... we are planning on framing our opening like the other doorways in our home and the hood will hang down about a foot below the opening, which I believe will look weird.

But more importantly, how do you like cooking without a wall, facing the rest of the house? It just seems a little "exposed" to me... but I do want to open up things to improve communication ...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Comments (16)