SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Costco solid brass cabinet pull or Restoration Hardware?

juddgirl2
10 years ago

I've been going back and forth between doing either a complete remodel of my kitchen or just some minor updating by painting the oak cabinets, installing hardware, and replacing the black appliances with stainless. I have my dream kitchen layout ready but now it seems we're very serious about selling the house and moving within the next 2 years so I'm leaning towards just an update.

A local real estate agent loves the house but suggested updating the kitchen by painting the cabinets and installing hardware, because this room really doesn't flow well with the rest of the house that's been remodeled. I'm thinking of painting the cabinets either BM Edgecomb Gray or SW Antique White and using ORB pulls and/or knobs. My question is what hardware should I get?

If this were my forever kitchen, I'd splurge and get Restoration Hardware pulls, perhaps choosing the RH Felicity or Hanson pulls in an ORB finish. With a budget update, however, I'm wondering if I should just get something that's good quality and looks nice but not spend too much $$ that I wont get back.

The USA Hardware pulls that are available through Costco are solid brass in a Venetian Bronze finish. The design is a bit contemporary for my style, but at a price of $25 for a 6-pack I would save around $300 by getting these instead of the RH (I need 42). One drawback is that there are no matching knobs in this finish and the pulls are only available in one size - 4.75", so I can't mix knobs and pulls or get larger pulls for my pantry cabinets.

What do you think - is having more choices available worth the higher RH price? I'd be spending about $500 for 42 RH pulls (maybe $400 if I wait for a sale) and $175 for the Costco pulls.

Costco solid brass pulls:

RH Felicity pulls:

My kitchen (the barstools have been replaced with rush-seat stools):

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by juddgirl2 on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 1:23

Comments (10)