SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyniki

How do you know exactly what to believe?

mommyniki
15 years ago

I had one pool builder that said that the Pebble Tec pebbles are tumbled and very smooth. She told me that other pebble products don't use the same pebbles so the texture is rougher because the stones aren't as smooth. Then I had another pool builder tell me that there isn't a real difference between PT and Stonescapes, except price. I do have to say that I'm not blown away by the pictures in the Stonescapes catalog. I know they are just pics, but the colors just don't look as good. I was leaning towards Majestic Plum PT but the Stonescapes Mauve doesn't look anything like it. And, the pic on the front of the catalog makes it look really rough. I know it is magnified a lot so not a good indicator, but that is all I have to go off of at this point.

So, I need more info because I know this will be a big factor in our decision making. The main thing I am concerned about is texture. Are they the same or different? Do they use similar stones? And also, is the MiniPebble applied the same as Sheen? Is it polished smooth (or whatever they do to it) the same way?

Hope this isn't too many questions. I just want to make sure we can make an educated decision.

Comments (6)