SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

Well, I've moved to my new house!

luckygardnr
13 years ago

We're in Stratford now. The main floor is more or less set up, but we haven't done downstairs yet. I started working on the gardens yesterday. It's been nicely landscaped but the original owner planted a lot of invasives. So everything is out of control and all I can do is take one little patch at a time and clean it out.

We've been here nearly a week, and we still don't have any appliances. We lost everything in the fridge and freezer. DH went out and bought a bbq with a side burner and we borrowed a big cooler from our DD, so we are getting by. But the appliances were first, supposed to be delivered the week before we moved in, then the day we moved in. Now it's not scheduled till June 2nd. Ask us how angry we are! These things were ordered and paid for several weeks ago!

We were invited to our DD's for Sunday dinner, so I took our laundry there. Thank Gawd for her.

We've already babysat the GK's twice. At least we have running water and the bbq. Oh well, the trials and tribulations of moving to a new town. Other than those little inconveniences, we're loving it. The neighbours have been very nice and we spend a lot of time out on the front porch enjoying the lovely fragrance wafting from our lilac tree.

Comments (6)