SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
maddiesmomma_gw

Houston Swimming Pool Build 2012

maddiesmomma
10 years ago

Hi all

I've lingered on this website for the past few months. We are now in the stage of finally getting some estimates for a swimming pool in our backyard. We live on the NE side of Houston on Lake Houston. We are looking for a basic swimming pool (no frills, no spa, etc) just basic! We are looking at a budget of of 30K (preferably under) After reading these forums, it looked like it was possible but now not so much! We have tried the following Companies:

Premier Pools-estimate in May-no response received. Called and emailed twice, never received estimate.

Platinum Pools-no response received. Called once, no estimate received. Did receive a thank you note,and they wanted our business, but no response or estimate received.

Alantis Pools-from the recommendations on this site. Called, setup an estimate date, but received a text message from them that with our budget, they did not think we were worth their time or ours to come out. I appreciate the honesty...but WTF!?

Picasso Pools--LOVED them! Basic Pool, no frills, no spa, but estimate came in over 38K? This does not include another 2k for tree removal and 2K for sprinkler reroute. So this is about 42K for the most basic pool they have. I was so impressed with them and their professionalism, and would love to use them, just the price seemed so high! It seems like others on here are getting pools and spas and other features for around 45K. Again, we are looking for just a basic pool.

Are we asking for too much? Is this common in the Houston area? Do you recommend anyone else? We are having Backyard Amenities come out in a few weeks for another estimate. We do have a utility easement in the back and a slight slope. I just do not understand why no response, just be honest. If you have someone that you recommend that builds in the Lake Houston (HumbleLakeshore/Waters Edge area) please let me know. I love these forums.

Comments (9)