SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chococake_gw

quartz countertop scratch test comparisons - Cambria?

chococake
12 years ago

Hello all.

I am definitely going with quartz for the countertop but want to ask everyone if you have Cambria countertops and what you think.

At first, I thought I wanted pure white for the contemporary look but an in-store test convinced me otherwise. Interestingly, I compared the pure white versions of Cambria, Silestone, and Caesarstone and the Cambria by far showed the least wear in a scratch test. I dragged keys across them pretty hard and they just wouldn't scratch, amazing! However, the metal residue transfer was the problem. You know how porcelain sinks/bathtubs will show the marks of metals rubbing on their surface? Same thing happens with the quartz. I can see this happening with cookie sheets accidentally being dragged across.

So, that solidified my desire to go with Cambria - I heard it's the best and it's made in USA. However, the pure white will be hard to keep super clean and white. I found that the ones that were just a little less pure white hid the metal marks that didn't come off completely. The marks are super faint. Scratching, again, not an issue but I won't be taking a drill to them either.

So...I am almost sure I am going with Cambria Newport. It's so much nicer in real life than online or in a tiny sample. Does anyone have it?? Very curious what combo you used for counter/cabinet/backsplash. I cannot as of yet find a backsplash I like so any advice appreciated.

Sorry for the book!

Comments (10)