SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airborne101_gw

solar pool cover review & repair guy where is your website?

airborne101
15 years ago

I'll start by asking repair guy to post his website, I wanted to give my business to a great contributor to this forum but couldn't find him. Anyone have it?

New solar pool cover review- OUr pool is 16 years old and this is probably our 6th or 7th cover, we wind it up on a solar reel and it sits in full sun most of the day. We usually get a few years use out of them before they disintegrate. We always buy the thin dark blue ones from Leslies Pool. We had a silver/grey one for a few years as well, but it didn't heat the water up as much as the blue ones. My last cover was purchased in May of 07 and started to disintegrate a few weeks ago, it was the same dark blue type. Well only getting a year out of it was our fault as the white vinyl plastic sheet you must cover them with blew away last summer and we never covered this last one. I did some internet research and this time bought a clear cover in a heavier gauge vinyl, it is 16 gauge and noticeably heavier. We like it a lot, it heats the water more than the ugly blue ones and looks like ice on the water. Pool water went from 82 degrees to 92 degrees in 2 days with the cover on for 48 hours straight. We have to use a cover or we lose too much water at night and the pool cools too much for us. Anyway I bought it from SolarCover.com, they had the best price on the web and free shipping. It came a day earlier than expected. We are really pleased with it and like the "ice" look, hopes this helps someone looking for a new solar cover, Barb PS yes we keep our chemicals balanced which I understand is important for longevity and we will keep this one covered with the white plastic protector, any other tips? Thanks

Comments (15)