SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

DR Furniture & Kitchen,,,do they ''go together''?

Buehl
14 years ago

So I was busily working on the User Guides last night that are due today when I heard a "C--r--a--c--k!" and suddenly I was on the floor...the DR chair I was sitting on collapsed under me!

That's the 3rd of 8 chairs that have broken now in the past 9 months or so....no, not by me, this was the first one I was sitting on when it broke!

Our DR set is from my MIL and is probably 40 years old or so and I don't think it was a "good" set to begin with. I'm actually surprised the chairs lasted this long!

So, now it's time to look around for either an entire DR set or at least some chairs to get us through until we can save up for the set I really want. Maybe even get the chairs only from the set I want.

This is the set I've really liked for several years now...but does it now go with my kitchen? My DR is now open to the kitchen so it needs to "go" with the kitchen cabinets. I had originally considered the "Sienna" finish but am now leaning toward the "black" or a combination.

DR set I like (Canal Dover, Tuscany):

I had originally planned on the color shown here, but I think now that I have the cherry/mandarin orange/coffee cabinets I'm going to have to consider another finish...Antique Black?

I think it may now be available in Cherry, so I might be able to get a stain close to my cabs...but I think it would too much of the same color!

The color I'm thinking of now, Antique Black:

The chair style I'm thinking of going with, also in the black, I think:

Or, would the chairs in my inspiration pic be better w/that style plus the kitchen?

Kitchen:

DR floor [engineered Brazilian Cherry...will someday be "full" hardwood Brazilian Teak (Cumaru) IF all goes as planned.]:

Hmmm....it has darkened since then...it's actually pretty close to the color of my cabinets.

What do you think???? Do the styles "go together" or not?

To add to my dilemma, I'm considering making my own china cabinet from Omega Dynasty in the Artesia door (my original door choice)...similar to NewHomeBuilder's or MNHockeyMom's:

NewHomeBuilder's:

MNHockeyMom's (only w/a solid/smooth back, not beadboard):

My kitchen has the Anson door style. The Aretsia and Anson doors are very similar...same frame but Anson has a flat center panel and Artesia has a raised center panel; drawer fronts are identical. I would also use the same finishes...Mandarin Orange Stain/Coffee Glaze on cherry wood with an AB "counter" b/w the upper cabs. Do they still go together?

Artesia Door (planned for DR hutch):

This is also the wood/finish combination I have in my kitchen, btw.

Anson Door (kitchen door style):

OR, should I start over looking for DR furniture????

Comments (15)