SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcargo6

Resurface

JCargo6
10 years ago

I have a 15k gallon pool that we are resurfacing. I have a TON of estimates, some outrageously high and others ridiculously low. Both of the aforementioned are out of the question. We signed on with a a local well recognized company. They came out, drained the pool and evaluated the job, upon finding paint under the diamond brite they returned to me requesting an additional $2800.00 to do the job, a 66% increase. I copiously told them where they could find the exit and that I would be requiring the deposit back. Much obliged they agreed... I am back in the hunt! I now have two contractors, both of which are reputable and have been in business in the area for quite some time.

For all intents and purposes, Business "X" and Business "Y"

X is a local contractor who states that due to the chip out he will not need to sand blast (is this even possible?). He has included everything else and there are are no "Extras". I feel he has underbid the job though and I feel that there may end up being additional charges down the road. $4200.00

Y is very well know, does a lot of work in the area including all 4 of the resorts for the company I work for. He left out a few things on the bid, but stated that anything that arises would be done for "cost" and minimal expense to me. He states that if he were to do the job for any one else is would be $7400.00, but because he is doing it with in the "family (my resort)" he he cutting much of the profit. He is also throwing in a lot of "Extras" like complementary mosaics, contractor cost on tile, and a vacuum line addition for next to nothing. $5300.00

I'm really unsure which route to go and would appreciate any feed back y'all have. Below is the scope of work to be done:

1. 86 linear foot
2. 3' shallow 6'deep
3. Full diamond brite removal
4. Paint removal
5. Repair crack adjacent to steps 1-3 staples depending
6. Replace cracked skimmer
7. New inlet eyes
8. Tile removal
9. New waterline tile

1. Cap tile (edge tile or mud flap) on stairs approx 30 linear foot
  2. Re-surface

Thanks all! I appreciate any and all feedback. First post so if I did it wrong I apologize.
JC

Comment