SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Kitchen Saga Update Part 2 :-D

Buehl
16 years ago

The other saga thread has gotten quite long so I thought I'd start another with the latest update....

Yes, we had our "big" meeting this morning...I will get to it in a bit. But first, I wish to give a big thank you to an anonymous GWer who independently stepped in to help us. This GWer has an acquaintance in Home Depot Corporate in Atlanta, GA. Late last week she contacted this acquaintance and told her what we have been going through. While this person does not work in customer relations, she knows people who do...so she contacted them. They, in turn, contacted both me and the EXPO store and asked me to keep them apprised of the results of our meeting and subsequent actions. They also let the EXPO CS rep/zone manager know that they had been in touch with us.

The result? Well, read on!

This morning's meeting began with our KD's manager not attending b/c she's still ill. But, the CS Rep told us she was authorized to make any decisions...so, first step accomplished...someone who does have authority to approve what we wanted!

In attendance: My DH, KD, CS Rep/Zone Mgr, both of the owners of the Contracting company installing our kitchen. Oh, and of course me!

The CS Rep/Zone Mgr started out by saying that she understood that we had contacted HD Corporate. However, I told her that we had not contacted them that, in fact, THEY had contacted US. So, I explained what had happened and that we would wait for the outcome of this meeting before we pursued further action at the Corporate level. I did this for 2 reasons...(1) I wanted them on notice that I fully intended to pursue it if I needed to and (2) I wanted them to know that word is spreading and that it's affecting not just us but other, potential customers as well. I figured that if they knew a friend had heard about it and thought it was bad enough to take independent action, then they would realize they needed to do something to appease us NOW!

From there, they remeasured both the sink & cooktop walls overall, determined center lines, and then measured out each cabinet and piece of filler to ensure everything would fit.

After the measuring was finalized, they stated that EXPO would be paying for the cost difference b/w the two 9" cabinets and the two 6" filler pullouts AND the Message Center niche. However, they again questioned the niche saying they didn't think we could do it b/c there would be no place to secure the shelves on that wall (no studs, just drywall). I patiently explained to them that (1) they were not putting in the shelving we were and that (2) we already know how we're going to install them--the same as we did in our basement pantry. They asked to see it and were surprised and impressed...they told us if there was ever a tornado that that was the room to go to b/c nothing was going to destroy those shelves! Needless to say we had no more objections from that standpoint. There were others about having the niche sticking into an already small...

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH