SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fruztr8ted

Mortgage Broker WOES...we are going to lose our dreamhouse!

fruztr8ted
17 years ago

This is long, but please bear with me...

In December we started working with a mortgage broker, my hubby was actually working at her house (media sub-contractor) and they started talking about the fact that she works for a lender and hey it just so happens that we are looking into buying a house and she says "hey give me a call I can help you" so a few days later I did, she took the initial application and when we got to income I told her "hubby is self-employed sub-contractor so it varies" so she says give me a round about figure so I did..we finish up the application, she says I will call you tomorrow and let you know what I found out..Next morning she calls and says GREAT NEWS I got you a 97% Mortgage with 3% bond money for the down payment, so you have to put NO money down now!

Me:o.k. what do we do now?

Broker:Fax over tax returns,check stubs, etc...

so i faxed them all over..

I call a little while later to make sure she got them and "she has left for the day"..ok I'll try her tomorrow

Next morning..

Me:Hi did you get the faxes I sent you yesterday?

Broker:No ma'am sorry I did not, please send them again..

Me:Could I e-mail them to you?

Broker:That would be great!My e-mail address is....

So I e-mailed them to her...

She leaves again early that day,I don't get to talk to her until the next day...did you get the e-mails?

No, I cannot seem to open the email...

Me: o.k. I am going to hand deliver copies today...

Broker: o.k. I will be here all day come on..

So I gather up my life story and take it to her office, she makes copies...we get the pre-approval..everything is good to go..start shopping for a house she says...

YES! Finally!

I drag hubby around for a month looking at houses...then we found THE ONE

February 3rd...I get with my realtor, we are sitting in the kitchen of our dream home writing up a contract, she calls broker...broker says everything is great..we all agree closing date will be February 23..

Seller agreed to everything and signed also...

home inspectione..done

termite Ins....done

appraisal....done

Closing date...Feb.23

Feb.17...processor called me, broker doesn't have a complete file, please send all tax forms again..and oh by the way!

You did not tell us hubby was self-employed, so we have to rework the entire loan..

HUH?!?!

From day one Broker knew this I say!Se was working at her house!!!!!o.k. soooooo we have to go stated income..closing date has come and gone..luckily my realtor drew up an addendum asking for an extension until this Friday (Mar.2)..seller is getting very antsy...Question is

I have never in my life wanted to sue anyone before now, but we may very well lose our dreamhouse because of this "Broker"

my realtor and I have both went up the chain of command of this company...

Branch Manager

Vice President

President

Still nothing has been done...

Comments (18)