SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Wall decor around tv centered on wall

nikkidan
11 years ago

We have a wall in our LR 16ft wide (9 ft ceilings). Our TV sits on an electric fireplace/media stand that is 60inches wide and 40 inches tall. TV is about 30 inches high. So not much room to put anything on the wall over the tv. But, there is about 5 1/2 feet on each side of the tv for wall decor. I'm having a hard time deciding what to put on the wall on either side of the TV. I was thinking floating shelves...but do I need to be symmetrical on both sides? Can I do shelves on one side and something else (pics or metal art) on the other? Or would that look bad?

If I ever rearrange furniture, the couch may end up centered on that wall, or just off center one way. So I don't really want to do the shelves on both sides of the tv, because if I ever put the couch there, I'll have to take shelves down and redo the whole wall...and the shelves will require anchors, which leave holes in the wall bigger than nail holes. So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has ideas, or pics, or wants to weigh in on the being symmetrical issue.

I'm so bad at decorating...clueless and not confident about it. We've been in our brand new home nearly a year and the only room with wall decor done so far is the office!

Comment (1)