SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
npoaz

newbie, swg and decking choices in az

npoaz
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

After weeks of googling and lurking I am ready to surrender and admit my confusion.

First, we live in the Phoenix area and after 6 years of being in our home we are ready for a pool. We have the design, and a few things we know we would like. The must haves are wok pots with flowing water,a bubbler on the baja step, NO Rock feature, and we seem to be sold on the Paramount PV3 in floor cleaning system.

We were sold on the SWG due to friends recommendations, but as soon as we talked with the first builder he tried to steer us to Ozone with Chlorine. The main reasons given were the amount of service calls and the effects of the salt water on the decking and equipment (confirmed by the landscaper who was suggesting Travatine decking). So, Ozone or Salt?

Also, how much decking and what material? We are in 110 degree heat so comfort is most important. We have an oversized 450 sq ft covered patio that the pool will be right off of. Do we cover it in the decking or just paint the concrete and cover the walking path to the sliding door with some grass like mats (we are going for a tropical look)to prevent slips and spills?

Thanks in advance for any advise. I am sure I will be posting more questions soon.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus