SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Check out this cat that found me

alisande
11 years ago

Last week this young male cat showed up. He's unique--a polydactyl with one blue eye! He's less than a year old, and quite thin from being on the road. But he's long and looks like he's going to be a big boy.

I was happy when a friend of my granddaughter's said she'd take him, but her mother said not unless he was neutered. So I had him neutered yesterday, and wormed, and examined, and tested for FeLV, etc., and given all his shots. Now he's recuperating in my guest room, and I'm in love. He is so sweet and affectionate.

When he was outdoors he talked all the time--his Siamese ancestry. (Note open mouth in the photo below.) But now that he's inside, all he does is purr. I lie down on the bed, and he lies on top of me and presses his face against my neck. Purr, purr.....

I recently took in a sick stray cat for three months. She was feral, but finally came to trust me. Then I had to make the awful decision to have her put down because her illness could not be cured. Now I have another cat who trusts me, and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I have confidence in my granddaughter's judgment, but I wish I knew the girl and her mother.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (67)