SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southeastohio

PowerPoint slide show for selling house

SouthEastOhio
12 years ago

Hi all

We plan to put our house up for sale in late February or early March. We live on 12.5 acres which consists of about 4 to 5 acres of meadow with the remaining being wooded.

I am thinking of making a PowerPoint slide show, which could be used when an agent brings a client or when there is an open house. Each slide would be shown for about three seconds on a large monitor (connected to a laptop) on our kitchen table and the show would repeat continuously. For an open house it would just keep going for, say two hours and we would not be there. There may be twenty slides altogether which means all pictures could be seen in 3 x 20 = 60 seconds.

The slides would consist of outside pictures taken during different seasons and at different times of day. In other words potential buyers could see outside pictures that they would not be able to see when they are at the house. The slides may include pictures of autumn foliage, flowers, trees giving privacy in summer, deer and birds, etc.

There would be no slides of the rooms in the house since, of course, anyone can see these at any time of year by just walking through the house.

I would appreciate any feedback on how effective you think such an approach would be in helping to sell the house.

I have posted an example of such a show at the link given below. This is a draft and has only a few slides at this time. You probably have to have PowerPoint on your computer to see it.

Thanks

Paul (SouthEastOhio)

Here is a link that might be useful: Draft PowerPoint Presentation

Comments (6)