SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina171

Problem with PebbleTec Installation...Water in Pool?

gina171
15 years ago

Geez, it looked like it was going perfectly. PebbleTec guys were at my house at 6:30 this morning, gone by 10 (which I think is super fast for a 25K gallon pool), but when the PebbleTec crews quality control guy came around abough 45 minutes after they left he was surprised they were gone so soon. Then he was mad that they left so much haze on my tile (but I figured it was no big deal since they're acid washing tomorrow), and that there was a silver dollar sized glop that somehow had fallen from my skimmer onto the deep end floor. All in all no biggie.

Until...I asked him if we didn't have to put the pump in the drain anymore? There was water under my pool (we're near a lake) and the pool crew (different guys who did tile, prep, coping) had kept the pump running 24/7 to keep the water out of the pool. I said that it was running this morning when the PebbleTec guys came, did we no longer need it even though there was water under the pool (they had put a plug in during pebble installation). He look ed at me and said "There's water under your pool? Let me check the plug," and when he pulled out the plug in the drain it was like a bathtub faucet flowing into my pool. We ran and got the pump in, and now I need to leave it on again (that's fine).

But am I going to get a weird color ring, discoloration where all this water came back into my pool, and then slooooowly drained out through the pump? After all we are spending, I will be so mad if I have a color issue because they didn't put the pump back the way they were supposed to.

The man told me the pool could have cracked if he hadn't come by to pull the plug, because we had 6" of water flow in the pool after just 4 hours of it being plugged up.

He said the color should be fine, that sometimes it rains after an application and there's a pool of water at the bottom of the pool when they come to acid wash, and it doesn't affect the color?

Thoughts? Any PBs out there care to chime in?

And do I need to worry about there being water under my pool? Will it ruin my gunite or rust my rebar? The pool is 30 years old, was here when we bought the house.

THANKS!

P.S.--Love the Majestic Plum color and the Shimmering Sea, can't wait to see it acid washed tomorrow!

Comments (4)