SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louisianapurchase_gw

VWHippiechick, are you out there?

louisianapurchase
16 years ago

Hello WhippieChick,

Sorry it has taken so long to get these pictures posted, super long story (Easter, spring break, social studies fair for my 12 year old, help with the posting by my 17 month old, etc., etc.) Not to mention couldn't find the disk with the original pictures on it, so I took new and these are not so great. I tried my best to get close-ups and such but a lot of them didn't come out.

Anywho, I hope you can somewhat see what I am trying to explain with these pictures. I know it is easier for me b/c I know what they are.

You will see that the entire background of the thing is black mat board. On top of the black board is a piece of foamcore or something like it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. The wine label cloth is then mounted with some sort of super duper double sided sticky stuff onto the foamcore (with the cloth overlapping the foamcore some so as not to see the foamcore). This sticky stuff may not be heavy enough to hold your rug however, something else may have to be used. Also if you will notice the matting around the edge of the cloth is mounted onto a piece of foamcore so that it does not touch the black mat board either. The basic idea of this type of framing is to have the art, picture, rug stand out from the backing (floating if you will).

I don't know if I explained this well enough for you to understand and I hope the pictures make it understandable. If you choose to use this method, you may want to choose another background color (besides black) so that the rug stands out better. I can already picture it in my mind and I think it would be great, esp. with those frayed edges.

I tried resizing the pictures, but everytime the computer kicked me out. Sorry!!! I am going to try to post the link in the message and as a seperate link: so here goes...

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm237/louisianapurchase/?action=view¤t=BreakfastRoom3.jpg

***Sorry for the crooked pictures and such trying to get different angles!!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)