SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huango

replace with matching water faucet/soap dispenser now?

huango
11 years ago

Ugh... more money.
So I bought my beloved Kraus chrome faucet (I love this faucet!!)
We currently have a stainless steel filtered water dispenser (ugly/plain/not high quality) and a satiin (almost pewter) nice soap dispenser. They both work fine, do their jobs Both are less than 5 years old.

DH is set on replacing them when/if they die/malfunction.

But they do NOT go with my new faucet.

What would you do: replace them now so they match or just in the same family metal tone, or wait for them to die?

All 3 would sit in front of my 5 down-to-counter windows. Yes, I have my 4 beautiful chrome/crystal sconces in between the 5 windows (the more reason to not have the clashing metals) so no one would really look at the water faucet and soap dispenser.

I know they're small purchases (in comparison to my radiant floor heating), but they just add to the mountain of outgoing funds.

I think it comes down to what kind of person are you, when making such a trivial decision. My gf is ready to go out to just buy them for me; that's how annoyed she'd be at the mismatched metals.

Your thoughts?

thank you,
Amanda

ps. no, no final pictures yet.
passed electrical, plumbing, and building inspection (was really worried about potentially needing make-up air for 1100CFM hood).
Still have moldings to paint and familyroom tile grouts to seal.

Gee: contractor barely left and I bought him back for a quote for the masterbedroom/2nd floor addition.
DH almost killed me when I mentioned that MAYBE we should have done the addition first, and then update the kitchen in 5 years since our 2 young kids need a playroom (that they can keep messy) now (having lived through 6months of renovation madness).

Comments (7)