SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariend

Todays News--Emeril/Martha Stewart/Octomom

mariend
14 years ago

In today's paper (what would I do without it) there was a small article that Emeril LaGosse (sp) is really struggling to keep things going, so Martha Stewart stepped in and became a partner. The article mention that in 2008, (note year) bought the rights to the franchise of cookbooks, tv shows etc. Wonder why we have not heard much about this???

Octomom reaches a deal to save her home. PETA will give her 5000.00 and a month's supply of veggie dogs and burgers (meatless) so they can put a BIG sign in her yard about spay and neuter pets? Wonder why zoning did not step in as this is in Los Angeles where they don't even let you put a big flag and a salute to veterans in the yard?

Anyone else see this??

Comments (23)

• mary_c_gw
    14 years ago

Well, the deal between Emeril LaGasse and Martha Stewart was publicized when it was done in 2008. It wasn't a secret. I don't even have cable to watch the foodie shows, and I knew about it.

I never read anything about Octo idiot.

• socks
    14 years ago

I did not see that about Octomom, but I would not welcome such a sign in my neighborhood.

The neighbors may complain if it's like a billboard. The neighbors have to be really tired of her. In addition, there is probably a lot of general traffic, not to mention the news crews.

• cynic
    14 years ago

Yeah I heard a lot about Emeril selling out. I never heard anything that he was actually in trouble but is a big name for the 4-time felon to add. Lots of personal appearances of the two showing that she's taking over and training him to bow and scrape. I hope he got a lot out of it. He truly sold his soul. Speaking of which I noticed her line of household cleaners in the store today. She's trying to get into everything. I won't be trying any of them obviously. :)

And I guess I wouldn't even pay attention to the octowitch. So much greed, I just can't condone it by even paying attention to it. I just hope the kids are OK.

• matti5
    14 years ago

Octomom was on the Oprah show today. Her intent was to address the never ending rumors about her life. She came across as very intelligent, unlike her crazy appearance on the View. She blames no one but herself for the situation she is in and is trying to provide for her children by doing magazine covers and such. She said she will never do a reality show because she refuses to exploit her children in order to make money. Not sure how much of what she says is true.

• susan_on
    14 years ago

I didn't think Octomom came across as intelligent at all. She is certainly not well-spoken. She did say that she was foolish and selfish to make the decisions she's made, and that was refreshing to hear. However, I think she thought she came across as coping better with her situation than she really is. I think much of what she says is contrived to try to gain favour with the public, rather than sincere feelings and thoughts on her part.

• mcmann
    14 years ago

The deal between Martha and Emeril was covered in the papers and Emerial called it a 'Godsend'. His Food Network show was over, he lost millions when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and damaged his restaurants and business, and I think he had become ubiquitous. It seemed like he was on tv everyday shouting BAM.

While he sold a huge percentage of his business he retained rights to certain products and signed for a new tv show and 10 cookbooks. I'd be curious to know how he feels about the deal now but at the time it was a lifeline.

• phyllis__mn
    14 years ago

So, Cynic, what's your opinion of Martha????

• jannie
    14 years ago

Not interested in any of this.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

I think much of what she says is contrived to try to gain favour with the public, rather than sincere feelings and thoughts on her part.
    I didn't see her on either The View or Oprah, but agree, that if she has changed her tune about admitting selfishness, that she is saying it for her own good, and the good of her children, and that she really doesn't believe it. Maybe she has been coached on what would be best for her to say, and what to not say. I'm sure it was a pleasant change though for her 'admit' being foolish and selfish.

• molly109
    14 years ago

LOL - Wow - did Martha get some of Cynic's money, too?

• sue_va
    14 years ago

I hadn't heard or read about Emeril or Martha, because neither of those names would catch my attention.

I did read or hear about the PETA offer to Octomom. I wondered if the sign would be allowed, and also wondered what good $5000 would do. That wouldn't last long in her situation.

The Spay/Neuter message carries a lot of innuendos. Does she want that in her yard?

Sue

• marilyn_c
    14 years ago

The Martha/Emeril thing is old news, I thought.

Hey, I'd contribute to a fund to spay Octomom.

• matti5
    14 years ago

Susan, you're right, intelligent was the wrong word to use. I was comparing the two interviews, I should have said she appeared more rational than in her View appearance.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

Saw a Google review of the Oprah show. She told some fantastic lie about buying 20 gallons of milk a week and dozens and dozens of eggs every week. She is nuts, too into herself, and loves the spotlight.

• hale_bopp
    14 years ago

I had heard that Octomom was bashing Kate Gosselin on Oprah and that Kate uses her children to rake in the cash. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

And Sue Va, I just about spit my coffee out of my mouth when I read your comment about the spay/neutering innuendo!!!! ROTFL!!! No doubt!!! : D

Blessings,
    Haley (who does happen to like Martha Stewart)

• rosebudms
    14 years ago

Thank you, Sue of Virginia, and Marilyn C. of Texas! You caught the connection between octo and spay and neuter.
    I think that is very funny. I try not to think about her.

14 years ago

I didn't really make the spay/neuter connection...duh.

(the other) Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: The sign...

• matti5
    14 years ago

hale Bopp - Octo never mentioned Kate's name, but it was obvious who she was talking about. She claims she will never do a reality show. Never say never!

I thought it was interesting that she never once mentioned her parents who had been her backbone through this whole ordeal.

LOL I think the PETA sign is very appropriate.

• hale_bopp
    14 years ago

Heya Matti, :) That's what I read- that it was pretty veiled. Made me laugh, that's for sure!

Here's the quote from Foxnews.com:

"Nadya Suleman, mother of 14, has at least one thing she won't do.

She'll never do a reality show.

Appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Tuesday, Suleman took a veiled swiped at Kate and Jon Gosselin and other parents who use their multiple-based TV shows to support their families, saying "a parent must provide for their kids, not the other way around."

• cynic
    14 years ago

"a parent must provide for their kids, not the other way around."

Hmmm. I just might have to reconsider my opinion on her! LOL

But I just wonder if the producers haven't offered the right amount for her to do a reality show?

14 years ago

"a parent must provide for their kids, not the other way around."
    Well she certainly wasn't providing for her existing 6 children, when she then attempted to have more. How has she provided for her 14? How does she plan to provide for them? I imagine she is still clueless, or the taxpayers will foot more of her bills.

• susan_on
    14 years ago

I'd forgotten about that interview on The View, Matti. She sure came across as bizarre in that interview!

• fuzzbunnie
    14 years ago

I read an interesting body-language analysis of the Oprah/Octomom interview:

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Lillian Glass Body Language Blog

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!