SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artlover13060_gw

Looking for Kitchen Floor Mat - Lots of Pics

artlover13060
14 years ago

First of all I apologize for this long post.

About a year and a half ago I remodeled my 20 year old kitchen. I wish I had before pictures. My DS and I did everything ourselves except for installing the granite counter tops. DS built all the cabinets and I did the demolition, tile, and recessed lighting. The area on the right side of the kitchen was originally a small pantry closet and built in desk. I removed this to have more counter space. I absolutely love the long expanse of counter and it is my primary prep area. Whenever we have a large group for a casual dinner we set this counter up as a buffet. The one thing I didn't change when I did this make-over was the floors. You can see in the pictures where I tried to patch the laminate. This pattern is no longer made so I had to use floor pieces salvaged from the old desk and pantry. This part of the floor is the once thing that I really don't like about my kitchen. I would like to cover this with a mat, but I'm really not the bright themed mat type. I think they are beautiful, but it's just not me.

I would like to purchase a mat to cover the ugly patched part of the floor. This area is about 18" deep X 36" wide. I like the look of the woven leather look rug by Gel Pro, but a 24 X 36" mat is $100. I don't need the ergonomics and it has gotten bad reviews. Do you have any suggestions for an inconspicuous mat? Also is it going to look weird to have a mat just at one end of the counter? I am open to all suggestions except ripping out the floor.

Unfortunately that is not in the budget.

Overview of Kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

Sink side of the room:

{{!gwi}}

This is the new cabinet/counter that replaced the pantry and desk:

{{!gwi}}

Close up of hand crafted apothecary spice drawers just to brag on DS:

{{!gwi}}

Counter with floor that needs attention:

{{!gwi}}

Close up of floor problem that I want to cover with a mat.

{{!gwi}}

Gel Pro mat:

{{!gwi}}

Gel Pro mat. This is the large size that sells for $200. I'm considering the small one:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (18)