SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolg8tr

Help Once Again. DE in Spa!!!

poolg8tr
15 years ago

Just when I think we are almost home..........

PB finally sends plumber by at 8 o'clock tonight (meter has been in two weeks) to show me how to heat the spa. He messes with it a little, goes and gets a screwdriver and does something with the panel and then says there is not enough pressure for the heater. The panel reads low and he said that either means the gas pressure or filter pressure is low and that my filter is only reading 10 so that is the problem. He said there is no D/E in the filter. I tell him I find that hard to believe, but then he puts it in backwash mode and clear water comes out. I ask if I should put some in and he says yes, I add 4 lbs and then he goes back to the equipment. I walk back and see the pressure is now up to 12 or 13 and he says it will need to run a couple of hours to build up. I notice that the spa is now cloudy looking and then walk over and see a ring of white powder around the rim of the seat. I'm guessing this is d/e that has come in the spa.

Service people were here Monday and yesterday, I'm sure they backwashed yesterday, but can't imagine the forgot to add the d/e. If so, would I have noticed anything before now. Water was crystal clear until I added the d/e tonight. Biggest concern right now is if the d/e will hurt the new plaster. It is actually 3 weeks today, so maybe not considered new still.

I decided to turn the pump off. Not really sure what to do at this point. Any ideas?

Comments (7)