SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasdawner

Pool Equipment Warranties, Punchlist and Pool School Questions

texasdawner
15 years ago

I asked our PB about our warranties for the pool equipment and he told me to call Pentair and Paramount. Shouldnt we be getting the warranties from the PB?

And, when do the warranties start? We are in our 5 month of our pool build and they finally finished putting the equipment in 3 weeks ago, but they still havent finished the punchlist and we still havent had pool school.

Arent they supposed to finish the punchlist and give us pool school before it's officially turned over to us? At this rate we will be lucky to be swimming before summer is over and Im afraid we will find out that the warranties went into effects months earlier.

Also, regarding punchlists, is it normal to have paint and gunite overspray all over the new equipment? The screws are rusting already and the guage on the waterfall pump is broken. The whole area is just a mess.

Our decking has cracks in it. The fence they took down is still broken. The remote controller hasnt work since they installed it.

When they painted the down spout connections they didnt use tape or dropcloths so they ended up getting paint on the decking. Last week they finally came out and got the overspray off the decking but scratched up down spouts and took off some of the paint and now they will have to paint them again.

Im just trying to get an idea if these kinds of things are normal or not and if anyone has any suggestions on how to motivate the PB to show up when they say they will and finish the job when they say they will.

I guess I should have realized it was going to be a bumpy ride when they showed up unannounced last winter with a backhoe to dig the hole at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning!

Thanks for any feedback and suggestions in advance.

TIA,

~TD

Comments (5)