SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyjoyjoy_gw

Any ideas for a wine rack less than 13 inches wide??

joyjoyjoy
13 years ago

I've got an awkward high, narrow spot on my wall pantry.. It will be custom, so I can pretty much mix and match any width I want. What I show here is a 24" wide pantry on the right, and the dark brown strip in the middle is 13". It will just be a very basic narrow opening for a broom closet. I figured this would be as tall as the fridge, but it doesnt have to be if brooms arent that long. The area above it ends up being 13" wide and 25" tall. I already have a narrow spot under my countertop for cookie sheets and whatnot, so I thought this might be a good spot for wine. 24" is the narrowest I want to take the pantry, but it can go wider. The broom closet and whatever goes above it just needs to be wide enough for an arm to reach in.

The basic horozontal shelves I've seen for wine are 6" wide, so I could fit two of them there, only one though wouldnt be wide enough for the broom closet I'm afraid.

Second version is 3 wide cabinets across the top that are all the same size. Better use of space, I suppose, but not sure I like it.

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm