SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tk76_gw

Kitchen renovation- cabinets/layout questions

tk76
13 years ago

I've been reading up on this forum and thought it was time to post to get some input on our kitchen renovation. We are in Bergen County NJ just outside of NYC.

My wife and I have been planning a kitchen renovation for several months and are close to moving forward. We have had several cabinet and contractor estimates and are close to deciding. Our kitchen is currently galley style but we are changing the layout by removing a couple of walls and making a u-shape kitchen open to the family room, dining room and french doors to the backyard.

I've attached a link to photobucket with pics of our proposed layout and dimensions (island is 8' x 4' and open on one side for seats). The cabinet prices we've received are:

Ultracraft: about $18K

Bertch legacy: about $17K

Decora: about $22K

Custom made locally: $24K installed

All cabinets are maple with a cherry/amber stain, plywood boxes, dovetail, rollouts on all base cabinets and bottom half of pantries, soft close everything, mouldings, usual accessories.

Any thoughts on our layout? We are still messing with it a little but are pretty happy with it, I think. Any thoughts on other cabinets we can look at? I'd like to try and get the cabinet price a bit lower as the construction cost is higher then expected and killing our budget.

I'm open to any and all comments/critiques. Thanks

Ted

http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/tk76/Kitchen%20Renovation/

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket pics- kitchen renovation

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022