SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kajones2

Our pool has begun.....pictures (hopefully)

kajones2
16 years ago

We signed our contract about a month ago. Our pool will be 32 x 18, deep end will be 6.6', pavers, french grey interior, screen, waterfall. Since we signed, I am thankful I found this forum and have been glued to it since. It has been extremly helpful in trying to make those final decisions. My husband keeps warning me to not look at more pictures on here because I keep seeing things I love and I want to make more changes...lol.

Some items we needed to accomplish before they started on the pool was to take out a kneewall on an existing porch and concrete slab to open it up more. This was very labor intensive but it was worth it!! We rented a couple of tools from Home Depot and ordered a dumpster which was another thing we are glad we did (especially with how much we filled it with concrete). We then had the columns repaired/stucco. Then we put tile down where the kneewall was taken out. On Tuesday they came and formed and dug our pool and on Wednesday/Thursday they preprared and finished the rebar for inspection. Tomorrow or Saturday they will be doing gunite. Although I was worried about the size/width of the deepend, I'm sure it will be fine once everything is together. This pool is about 2 feet shorter than our previous pool and I really would have liked for it to be bigger however the cost is crazy compared to 7 years ago (when we put in our 1st pool) and we were also having to work within a certain amount of space. I am so excited now!! I know the 1st part of the building goes by quickly (I found out why, the workers/salesman want to get paid which doesn't occur until after gunite and the 2nd draw is due...lol) but I know it will slow down after gunite. That's fine, I would rather them not rush the job only to have issues arise later.

I love seeing the pictures others have posted on here so I am going to attempt to post some pictures of our process so far. Hopefully this works!

Here is a link that might be useful: OUR POOL

Comments (9)