SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

some of my DR heart pine furniture..if you haven't seen it before

User
13 years ago

I have posted my DR before. We moved it to the morning room and made the original DR into the keeping room over the winter. We discovered that we liked to sit by the fireplace in what was the DR and that we spent way more time in that room when it became the keeping room. Now we also spend way more time in the DR known as the morning room before. The sunlight coming in through the lace curtains was so lovely and warm all winter. I really like sitting there to read the paper and have my coffee in the AM. So we are using both rooms a lot more and enjoying it more too. A win/win situation.

The side board and the bench were made by the same man from hp that I salvaged 5 yrs ago when we did our last remodel. I had a lot of tongue and groove flooring left and he took it and made the side board and bench and matching table. I have the table out in DH's " doghouse" where he uses it as a work table. I use the bench at our maple DR table when we have lots of company as it seats more folks. So here are a couple pics. Richard did a great job. Oh the flooring came from a demolition site in Montgomery AL and the whole pickup load cost me $250. I got my floors patched and the 3 pieces so I guess I got my money's worth.

I hope that those who love wood as much as I do enjoy the pics and maybe get some ideas for projects too that utilize salvage. c

bench with some of my turned bowls:

{{!gwi}}

table ( had it outside for a bit in the garden but resanded it and brought it inside )

side board with more turned bowls:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (35)