SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Need Ideas For Landscaping Around Deck & Walk - PICS

eldemila
13 years ago

I'm having a difficult time trying to find ideas for landscaping around the deck built on the front and side of the house we purchased. We are going to remove about 27ft of the deck seen in the picture below (there's a LOT of deck). The picture under that shows a rendition of how it would look without the part of the deck I'm going to remove.

I will still have part of the deck to the right, and I'm trying to come up with some ideas on what to plant there. It's a bit high up and I'd like to hide the area below the deck with something like lattice and place some taller plants between the walkway and the deck.

The area where the deck is going to be remove will be an open canvas and will be easier to come up with some plan, though I haven't a single one yet, but the area around the deck is another story.

Does anyone have any pictures of landscaping they've done around their deck where the deck is on the high side? Any suggestions on what to plant, or even a covering for underneath other than lattice? There's not a lot of space between the walkway and the deck. I'm also lost when it comes on what to do on the other side of the walkway, it's bare and I'm not sure of what would look good on that side of the stairs. My searches have come up with nothing.

{{gwi:566571}}

{{gwi:566574}}

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas!!!

Comments (2)