SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniee818

Outdoor front door lights

bonniee818
14 years ago

Hi everyone...Seeing a post reminded me of a question I have been mulling over but not real important on my mind right now. We live on a lake and have a plantation type home with 6 columns across the front. The columns kinda block your view of door lights. We decided to not put lights on each side of the door & just one in the ceiling in front of the door on the porch. Then the electrician said we could always change it if we decided to go ahead & do door lights. The bugs are horrid out here in the summer with lights on so we hardly ever use the light. If we did do door lights in the future, I have a midnight green door & shiny gold brass kickplate, door knocker, & door handle. We also have weathered brown looking cast iron urns by the door with red geraniums. My question would be .......if we ever did do door lights just for looks.....should I go with the polished gold look (like the door) for the lights or more of a weathered brown (like the urns) .....or does it even matter - LOL! I was thinking the shiny gold would probably be better.....what do ya'll think? Would love to hear.......Any pics of your own would be great also! Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)