SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan23_gw

Viking Sapphire 870 Quilt

jan23
15 years ago

I have just purchased a new Viking Sapphire 870 Quilt but seem to have problems out of the box. The problem is the auto stitch tension & the auto cutter do not work as expected. I have used my Brother innovis 500 for a comparison using the same cloth a basic utility stitch, the result is as usual just about perfect. I then try the same stitch & the same cloth using my new Viking Sapphire 870 Quilt & the result is not as good. I have tried using different cloth settings, LIGHT,MEDIUM & HEAVY with the same stitch & this does not make that much difference. I then repeated this test using the same utility stitch & the LIGHT, MEDIUM & HEAVY fabrics but this time over riding the auto tension feature in each of the cases. I tried tension settings from 1.4 to 4.6 (4.6 auto setting)& the best I could produce was a tension setting of around 1.6 but still did not produce the same quality as the Brother. I then tried all of the tension settings within the range of 1.4 to 4.6 but this did not solve the problem. The auto cutter does not function at all as far as the lower thread is concerned but the top thread cuts fine. Trying the different tension settings may well turn out to be a red herring & the real problem may well be elswhere, someone out there may already know the answer to my problems, if so your reply will be much appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from the real experts out there.

Janet

Comments (12)