SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canaligator

Question regarding in ground pool winter safety cover

15 years ago

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good quality, well built, fairly priced winter cover? I currently have, and have been using for the last 15 years, a basic solid cover. I have been using water bags, cinder blocks, etc. to hold it down all winter. Every spring, I have a mess on my hands. Pumping off the cover. The muck, the worms, bugs, dead leaves, etc. I went to my pool company and asked them if they had a better alternative. They informed me about a different type of cover that would involve drilling anchors into my concrete and ataching to a solid cover. There were several different types, some allowing water to pass through, others that don't. I understand the algae problem with covers that allow sunlight to pass through (another issue!). It seems like there is no easy way to cover a pool without some type of drawback. I'm just looking for some easier alternative. These new covers are also very pricey, especially where I have a 20x43 Lazy L, which is more difficult to make. I'm getting a price in the $3000 range. That's a lot of money for something I'm not sure is going to even make my life any easier. Does anybody have any enlightening experiences with this issue? The 2 companies that I am looking at are Loop-Loc and Merlin. Any help, ideas, input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor