SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Have You Ever Seen a Tartan Pool Table?

User
10 years ago

We are re-felting our pool table when it is reassembled and put back in the basement. I ordered rail pieces of cloth in 10 different colors so we wouldn't have to decide based on a postage stamp sized sample, when it suddenly hit me-----use the tartan fabric from Hines for the bed of the table!

I have looked and looked, on every site and with every combo of search words and cannot find a picture of a plaid table. Lots of union jacks, beer brands and school mascots, but no actual patterns. Has anyone ever seen a patterned table? The cloth is cotton, so it would have to be backed with something I think, and we would probably do the rails in a coordinating color felt as they wear faster than the table surface. The table doesn't get much use, but when I mentioned getting rid of it there was a hue and cry from Pittsburgh to Virginia to Florida, as all three kids --- none of whom live at home--- protested. You'd have thought their most cherished childhood memories were tied up with that table (whoa, I didn't consider the possibility that might be the case) so I agreed to keep it. And now I want it to look fun!

Any thoughts, ideas, warnings, or pix of Vera Bradley tables? I thought RL Home would surely feature a plaid table in ads, but no such luck...

Comments (30)