SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sari_mac

Trex Vs Evergrain Vs Other

sari_mac
17 years ago

First of all I would like to thank you all for posting previously about Trex decking material. I believe I now understand the most common downfalls (mold, expansion, staining).

I am building a deck that is larger than my first apartment. We located in Western Washington (i.e. rain) and consider the known Trex problems large issues. Around here it seems the only composite decking that is available is Trex, Evergrain, and Fiberon.

I have heard next to nothing about Evergrain and Fiberon. Considering those two vary anywhere from $.10/ft to $.45 more than Trex you can see my delemma. When considering buying this much decking I want to know what I'm getting. I know if I get Trex it will cost less now, and I will probably have to pressure wash it every year.. which I had to do to my previous deck anyhow every year due to the green film that grows on everything in this area.

I can see no reason why Evergrain and Fiberon will not have the same molding problem since I understand their product has small amounts of wood in it as well. I'm wondering if I haven't heard anything good or bad about these two products merely because they're not as widely used as Trex is.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these products in the Pacific Northwest and anyone at all with Evergrain and Fiberon?

Thanks,

Sari

Comment (1)