SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

How do you keep your sanity?

Texas_Gem
10 years ago

Our remodel started in August and, I guess I am finally reaching my threshold. I currently have no pantry so all my food is in totes, no dining room because it is where all the tools and building supplies are, my mud room only has my washer and dryer hooked up so I have none of my storage and because of all the drywall sanding and concrete grinding, EVERYTHING is a filthy disaster.

I don't even want to be in my house right now. I'm done. I keep closing my eyes and trying to picture it finished but as soon as I open my eyes, I'm greeted with mess.

I'm sure if it were just me and my husband, it wouldn't be such a big deal but we also have 4 kids ranging from 1 year old to 6 years old; in other words the perfect age range for being little tornadoes. Clothes, books, toys, everywhere. Not to mention having to be hyper vigilant in a work zone with small children.

I don't want to complain to my husband, I know he is exhausted. He works a full time job and then gets off work and immediately comes home to work on the remodel. I guess I just needed to rant for a minute.
Unless if course anyone does have some good advice, besides winning the lottery and hiring contractors to come finish it all while we stay in a hotel.

Comments (27)