SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Should end table match coffee table?

charlikin
15 years ago

Hi all - I've finished (mostly) renovating my kitchen & bathroom, the painter's coming a week from Monday to paint the entire apartment, and then I'm on to redecorating the living room. I'm still living with my "starter" furniture from my 20's, so I'm looking to replace just about everything.

I guess the style I'm leaning toward is right around the Pottery Barn/Crate & Barrel style. I also like a lot of pieces from Room & Board. (There's a sofa there I like a *lot*, in case anyone can comment on their quality...)

So the question for today is: should the end table on the side of the sofa match the coffee table? Actually, I'll have two end tables, one on either side. I'm thinking that the one by the window will be steel with a stone or slate top - I've seen inexpensive ones at Raymour & Flannigan - so that it can hold up to the elements when I leave the window open. (I have a wood one there now which hasn't fared so well. ;-))

But the other one - that will be very close to a dining table and chairs at the end of the living room. I'm planning for the coffee table to be rectangular with drawers (to stash the remotes and such). And although I'm not into the matchy-matchy thing, I'm thinking maybe the other end table should be from the same line as the coffee table, just so there aren't too many disparate elements? Or does it not matter, just so long as the wood is similar in tone?

I don't know, just some thoughts... Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz