SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
collage5

hot tub and music system

16 years ago

I'm new to this forum although spend some time on a couple of other gardenweb forums. Would love some feedback from those more knowledgable than I--I did try a search but was unable to find anything related.

We just started an extensive hardscape remodel and needed to buy a hot tub without a lot of lead time. After looking at Sundance and Hot Spring, we selected a Tiger River Caspian spa from Hot Spring. Got a reasonable deal and, as we wanted sound, agreed to the outrageous price of $1500 for the iPod docking station/speakers/waterproof remote package. As I was leaving, I went to confirm that the speakers are built in. No--they need to be set up somewhere outside the spa. Won't speakers outside of the spa require the volume to be really high to be heard over the jets (in other words, possibly disturbing people in the house or neighbors)? Even if volume weren't a consideration, doesn't $1500 seem like a ridiculous amount of money for a stand-alone system? Seems like I could buy my own pieces for so much less. Anyone else been through this and have any advice? Thanks.

Comments (3)