SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bristlingacres_gw

What color shutters & front door for a BEIGE house

bristlingacres
16 years ago

I posted a question several months ago asking for opinions/ideas on what color to paint my front door. Some posters suggested that I paint the vinyl shutters (they're currently cranberry but are starting to look pinkish in the bright sun). I wasn't open to the idea of painting the shutters but as time has progressed I can see that the cranberry shutters aren't doing anything for me.

So...what colors go well with a new very beige (closest to SW Diverse Beige) & boring Colonial-style house? I painted the other exterior doors a dark green and I think it looks nice. My storm door is cranberry color and I'm not sure if I can paint it (it's Pella brand; not wood). I'd like something that is classic. The combination I had picked out (beige with cranberry) is very popular around here but I'm not in love with it anymore. The pink shutters just jump out at me (that's not the feeling I want!).

Would a deep brown look nice? Or black? Or dark green?

The inside of my house is done in earthy tones (sage greens, tan, dark terra cotta, and a very deep red).

I'd appreciate any opinions and ideas. I hope dh doesn't hate me when I ask him to help me take down the shutters. :)

Astrid

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz