SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevek_t

sealwize advice

stevek-t
13 years ago

My deck is about 3 years old, and needs another sealing. I understand (according to the promotional material for sealwize), that this product will last for years without needing to reseal. It sounds good, and is installed by a reputable builder, but I'd like independent feedback from people who have had experience with this product.

If you have had negative experiences please elucidate, rather than just rant and name-call.

Thanks for any help you can give me to make my decision informed.

Comments (6)

• john_hyatt
    13 years ago

JonMon. elucidate to the max.

• stevek-t
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What the hell does "JonMon. elucidate to the max" supposed to mean?

• aidan_m
    13 years ago

It means the concept of the "technology" is so bogus that any person who knows wood instantly recognizes a scam and stays clear of this junk. You can't petrify wood by painting something on it. If you believe the claims, try putting some on a lump of coal and see if you have a diamond tomorrow!

• john_hyatt
    13 years ago

When you see Life time or one coat will last for for Years regarding out door finish do not belive it.

All the elucidateing I can do with out going on a rant or name calling, and I know you dont want that,>>> I will never try any of those products any more than I would draw on an inside straight.

• Rayburn_integritybd_com
    12 years ago

If you've never tried the product, how can you say it's impossible? Maybe be because their business model is such that you can't buy the material unless you go through their training and buy a territory. I've talked to multiple dealers around the country and none of them have had issues after many years of installing the product. I also went to Atlanta and saw a deck myself that was treated over two years ago, and had been in the sun etc and was still shedding water like the sealer was applied yesterday. I just think that because you haven't seen it and can't buy it because you aren't a dealer, you don't know what your talking about or are just mad that you can't test it out, which I guess is somewhat understandable...

Here is a link that might be useful: Integrity building and design Inc.

• HU-12487688
    14 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

Three years ago it cost $350 to use Sealwize for a 350 sq deck, In early April the estimate tor

seal the deck was $1200, Sealwize is an excellent product but not worth the increased price, I had my deck stained with Sherman Williams for $400. S