SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mihelene

Exterior paint color assistance

mihelene
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

Hoping to tap your expertise in color once again for some help with exterior paint colors for a vacation home in Florida we purchased last year. Inside has saltillo tile floors, BM Golden straw walls & turquoise & orange accents. Since the house is small I would like to keep continuity in color between inside and out.

I usually like yellow but the present yellow the house is painted has a sort of neon finish to it in areas where the sun hasn't faded the paint and I would like to change it. Also needs a lot of patching so its definitely time for a paint job.
The driveway will be replaced with poured concrete this fall. I think I should take down the plastic shutters on the two windows to the right of the front door. The others are Bahama shutters and do serve as window protection in the event of a hurricane. I am also thinking of changing the coach light, front door light & mailbox (can't see in the picture) from white to black. I kind of like the turquoise front door but am open to any suggestions. What are your thoughts on the squares on the corners that are presently painted white, paint them the same color as the main body of the house or keep them as accents?

I'm thinking I might need to stay in the yellow family as a terra cotta color might be too much with the roof? Or I could go completely crazy and paint the exterior turquoise? Any thoughts or comments would be so appreciated! I'll post a close-up of the front door too.

Thanks for your help,
Helene

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks